Header Ads

This Insight media Int'l - mediacityng@gmail.com

GETTING THE RIGHT INFORMATION TO START A TECH CAREER.


 Remember, I talked about a non-sophisticated gadget being a major setback in the pursuit of a tech career?


I am here to talk about the other challenges you may not have known about. You can have a good machine and still find it quite difficult to navigate the tech world because you don't have the right information.

Another setback in tech is having access to the right information...

Yes, information matters, what to do and where to go to. Looking back at my journey, I didn't make progress in my early days due to lack of information, I mean the right information, and it never occurred to me that I was supposed to research what I wanted and where could get them. I never knew I could use YouTube to learn digital Skills, I never knew there were hubs in Uyo, and I never knew there were senior Devs in Uyo who are un the same age bracket as myself.

All I thought about was Lagos. It was challenging because I needed to work hard to gather money so I could move to Lagos and learn coding.

I remember asking my social media friends if there are Devs in Uyo, over 1k friends, no one could mention anyone. I assumed Uyo wasn't the right place. This was like 2016.


Long story short, while surfing Google, I came across Andela learning community fellowship, I applied but wasn't accepted because I had not completed my studies.

I told a friend about it and she introduced me to another program in the same Andela. I joined GOOGLE AFRICA DEVELOPER SCHOLARSHIP.

That was the beginning of my journey officially in tech. I got to learn about the ever growing community in Uyo through my First meet up. The journey is still going. Andela have a played a big role in shaping the future if Africa in the Tech space. Giving over 30k Africans the opportunity to learn tech skills every year, we haven't talked about this enough.


They deserve special recognition and I wouldn't hesitate to thank them enough. And again, start innovation hub played a role in my growth and experience.

In summary, having the right information will aid your progress smoothly

No comments

INSIGHT MEDIA INT'L (MEDIA CITY GROUP) 2010-2019 (DONNWILZY). Powered by Blogger.